Card #59: Best Friends and Clovers

I know this post is going up kind of late today, but I have a good excuse I think.  I was up until about 2 o’clock this morning finished a beaded ornament cover.  It’s one of my goals this year to make an ornament cover every month, and the beads and such were covering my entire craft desk, so I had to get it done before I had space to make a card.  And, I did have some caffeine yesterday, which I don’t normally drink, so that probably gave me the awakeness (probably not a word, but I don’t care) to stay up that long to finish it.  But obviously that meant I didn’t get the card made until today and also staying up that late meant that I slept in later today than I otherwise would have.  But here I am, and here’s the card for you:

IMG_2302

IMG_2308

I tried to get a little ahead of the game this year and make a St. Patrick’s Day type card earlier.  Not that I’ll send it to anyone, but we won’t go there.

The words are a from a vellum set by Die Cuts with a View.  And I admit that I just had to go do a little google search to find out what the difference is between clovers and shamrocks.  Apparently, shamrocks are the ones with three leaves like I stamped all around on the white cardstock, and clovers are the 4-leaf ones.  So I guess I didn’t really stamp the right kind of plant on the card, but hey, you work with what you have, right?  And you could say that the clover on the vellum is unique amongst all the shamrocks, so it makes the “hard to find” more appropriate.

Am I stretching?  I feel like I’m stretching.  Oh well.

I also tried a new adhesive today, which I am already in love with.  I’ve read that tape guns are the best option for adhering ribbon to cards.  I was going to test that today, but obviously that didn’t happen.  I needed to get something that would work for adhering a lot of paper for another project (hopefully next week’s card), so I decided to try one.  Hobby Lobby had SO many options to pick from, but this is the one I got, partly because it was cheaper and partly because the smaller size seemed like it would be easier to maneuver:

adhesive runner

 

I got the green one instead of the pink, though, but I think I’ll have to get a pink one and have one filled with permanent adhesive and one filled with repositionable.  This stuff worked really well and doesn’t bleed through and I think it’s probably going to be my new favorite “glue”.  It sure was easier than sticking individual adhesives squares to the corners and peeling off all the backs and hoping that the small squares will hold the entire piece of cardstock down.

Well, I was planning on baking some muffins today, amongst other things that will probably get put off until tomorrow, but I should go try to get something else productive done today.  It’s so much easier to want to be productive when the sun is shining!  It’s been gloomy all week but yesterday it actually warmed up to over 50 degrees and the sun has been out again!  I can see an end to the cold, people!  Spring is coming!

 

Stamp used: shamrock from Stampin’ Up set “Bitty Bolds”

Advertisements

Share your thoughts

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s